Friday, May 8, 2009

THE FEAR

Ironic it seems but I'm deprived of any single thought to share. Perhaps, this moment my mind is occupied with nonetheless than nothing. Again, there's force within that pushing me to type in my keyboard just to update my spoiled blog. Okey, Here's a sensible lyrics from Lily Allen's "The Fear".

THE FEAR

I want to be rich and I want lots of money
I don’t care about clever I don’t care about funny
I want loads of clothes and f***loads of diamonds
I heard people die while they are trying to find them

I’ll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
‘Cuz everyone knows that’s how you get famous
I’ll look at the sun and I’ll look in the mirror
I’m on the right track yeah I’m on to a winner

Chorus:
I don’t know what’s right and what’s real anymore
I don’t know how I’m meant to feel anymore
When we think it will all become clear
‘Cuz I’m being taken over by The Fear

Life’s about film stars and less about mothers
It’s all about fast cars and passing each other
But it doesn’t matter cause I’m packing plastic
and that’s what makes my life so f***ing fantastic

And I am a weapon of massive consumption
and its not my fault it’s how I’m program to function
I’ll look at the sun and I’ll look in the mirror
I’m on the right track yeah I’m on to a winner

Chorus:
I don’t know what’s right and what’s real anymore
I don’t know how I’m meant to feel anymore
When we think it will all become clear
‘Cuz I’m being taken over by The Fear

Bridge:
Forget about guns and forget ammunition
Cause I’m killing them all on my own little mission
Now I’m not a saint but I’m not a sinner
Now everything is cool as long as I’m getting thinner

Chorus:
I don’t know what’s right and what’s real anymore
I don’t know how I’m meant to feel anymore
When we think it will all become clear
‘Cause I’m being taken over by fear


I love the song lyrics of Lily Allen's single from her second album It’s Not Me, It’s You. She earned tremendous accolades from this piece. At first, I don't actually managed to listen promptly to the lyrics but upon hearing it few times, i felt in love w/ it. So, the intention by this entry is to break down every stanza of the said song just to put up my personal opinion whether or not you agree with it.
  • I want to be rich and I want lots of money
    I don’t care about clever I don’t care about funny
    I want loads of clothes and f***loads of diamonds
    I heard people die while they are trying to find them
This changing world made each people desire for perfection or at least closer to perfection. Who don't want lots of money? Most of us are materialistic or having bourgeois mentality. It's a driving force for some cruel people to obtain criminal acts just to satisfy they're craving for luxury or wealth. I admit that I'm more of a materialistic and so to say that I know my limitations. We can surely dream big and to achieve, we need to carry our heavy butt off and work with purity and conscientious!
  • I’ll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
    ‘Cuz everyone knows that’s how you get famous
    I’ll look at the sun and I’ll look in the mirror
    I’m on the right track yeah I’m on to a winner
The trend nowadays is becoming shameless to one's actions. Self-confidence can also progress into higher level w/c is equivalent to indecency. Trying to catch fame and acquired first-rate attention, some would do the most outrageous thing like there's no tomorrow. Somewhat i realized how hard it is to please anyone as much as you wanted to be. Even if you tried harder, it seems non-sense and no one can really see you still. Maybe some of you will say, "You can't erase the fact that some people will not ever understand you. So don't expect from them." So true and to add up, Just be yourself coz people will love your genuine heart without being sarcastic.
  • I don’t know what’s right and what’s real anymore
    I don’t know how I’m meant to feel anymore
    When we think it will all become clear
    ‘Cuz I’m being taken over by The Fear
I was caught up with this stanza coz I'm feeling the same way. Actually this is my shout out in FS. The road to success is a bit blurry for me at this time. Rocky road as you can defined it. I've been very unpredictable that I never thought I'll be. As we mature, changes happens unexpectedly. When we were young, we tried to draw our dreams in a piece of paper. Plans were made and sculpturized. Even we voiced out with our close ones how we plan out life to be in the future. But i really don't know How I meant to feel anymore. I keep on saying to myself, "don't lose hope, strive harder and PLEASE move your feet under the ground". However, crisis inside my thought crumbling down with none in the earth i know the reason why. The only fact I know right now is that I'm taken over by the FEAR most specifically ANXIETY or fear of the unknown!
  • Life’s about film stars and less about mothers
    It’s all about fast cars and passing each other
    But it doesn’t matter cause I’m packing plastic
    and that’s what makes my life so f***ing fantastic
The world of today are now polluted of addiction to entertainment issues and taking aside the real problem of the world. Some would associate their lives to their favorite movie stars w/c is too ironic. The character from a series or tv show or whatever were kinda adopted by most of the generation today. They imitate those people that they idolize or maybe worshipped. That's a fad and sometimes becoming addictive. Everything was all about what's in and what's hot. People who wants to be on the line of trend, tried hard to become one of those social climbers. Taking to the aside of being into a group of socialite is big plus for some. Nonetheless, i don't care at all of what's written in this paragraph. haha. It's random and blurred. lmao. I'm a fan of some artists, so I belong! lol. But to the extent that I'll be TH or trying hard & crazy over them! In addition, Being plastic has its own positive and negative attributes. Yes, I'm plastic at times to those people who are undeserving. Being sarcastic is another topic and if argue regarding that, it will took me hours to type all my thoughts! Don't get me wrong. As the word implies, PLASTIC can be good in a most special way you haven't knew yet.
  • And I am a weapon of massive consumption
    and its not my fault it’s how I’m program to function
    I’ll look at the sun and I’ll look in the mirror
    I’m on the right track yeah I’m on to a winner
Based on how I understand this we became, once, twice, or few times in our life, used by others for some reasons whether we're aware or unaware. But for me, I'll try to put this in a good way. My purpose in life is to fulfill my family's dream as much as mine. My second priority is myself. Maybe they don't even realized that coz I'm not showy and I don't give them idea of that fact. I was born to help others and that's my function. I remember how I used to think back then everytime I'm mad. I rant and said to myself that,"I'm just a robot here, everyone care less about me!" Well that was just a petty drama and I believed that there's no wrong with me as a massive consumption to my family and afterwards, to those people in need. Daydreaming makes me accomplished all of which..to help my family and deprived people. But believe me, someday I'm gonna make all those in reality. I want to be an instrument to change the world. Watch me out!
  • Forget about guns and forget ammunition
    Cause I’m killing them all on my own little mission
    Now I’m not a saint but I’m not a sinner
    Now everything is cool as long as I’m getting thinner
PEACE is the word that will describe this. It's the rarest word ever. As I said previously, I'm a piece of instrument that will make a change in my own little way. This time I'll try harder to fulfill my part in my existence in humanity.

18 comments:

phyLLz said...

I don't really know Lilly Allen nor have heard of her song. but I think it's a good lyrics. There's a lot of sense to it and pretty much dedicated to everyone so that they'll be aware of what they're doing...

thanks for sharing sis! I like what you think of the song! ;)

jess de mesa said...

i've always loved lily allen and her music, her first album is part of my original CD collection :)

kathrinx said...

weeeh.. u updated again.. i'm really excited to visit yer blog every now and then.. i thought you'll post rants here na aman.. hehe. well anyhow, about the song, i haven't heard it pa.. well as of now im browsing youtubes homepage to listen to this song..hehe. the lyrics certainly shows the reality of life.. it's not new on our scenario seeing sleazy people opting to get what they want either by hook or by crook. i agree with u, one should have limitations, its not bad to dream but we should also consider the fact that dreaming alone is not enough and is useless if we'll not put into action..dream high but there should also be a time to wake up and wok for yer dreams..muah.. have a good night pretty ate ghe..

Mariel said...

hi there.. no offense but i don't really like Lily Allen.. i don't know. i just don't listen to that kind of music.. well, of course we have different tastes.. anyway, i agree with your interpretation of the lyrics.. :)

Charmoii said...

whoah. haha. as in every verse my explanation. LOL. it seems youre really hyper these days. I don't have lots to say coz i haven't really understant everything. hehe. sorry bout that. But i think the song was good. :)

tiff k said...

Hey Ghe! Thanks for linking me! I'll link ya back :D Haha I haven't heard of Lily Allen's music. Hope that you could post a clip next time! hehe.
I found the song kind of ironic, I mean the song is actually passed on by media which the song actually sort of *lambasts*. Haha I'm not into these kinds of lyrics usually. It's like MCR's Teenagers where they say teenagers scare the s*** out of me and then ironically it is these teenagers who listen to it. haha lolz.

Well tc ghe! Hope that we'll be really good blogmates! :D hehe

Jhoice said...

hey sis. I'm glad u were able to update,lols
I've been waiting for this, xD How c0me everytime
I came hurr der's no post yet && when I c0me der u go
u already g0t s0me comments, haha I been meaning to comment
fiRst, when will dat happen, xD

imy sis..
nvur hurd of that song
but sure it's good..as hustler blogged , ΓΌ

I think this is my fave lines..

"I want to be rich and I want lots of money
I don’t care about clever I don’t care about funny
I want loads of clothes and f***loads of diamonds
I heard people die while they are trying to find them"
I agree sis,
people worry too much about material things however, I can't blame
dem for wanting dem, I have a lot more than I used to have.
I hope it hasn't changed me, but I don't think it has.;)
der is too large of a gap between the rich && da poor
I do knoe dat for sure, hehe

Good one sis, U said it and xplained very well=)


Now Imma find it on itunes and download.
Im really outta universe=)

haha,

lav yah sis

rethela said...

I haven't heard that song so far, though the lyrics are quite nice and your interpretation was pretty good. Sometimes, people DO get carried away with all those temporary stuff like fame and riches. And somehow, parts of your explanation was pretty inspiring especially the one for the chorus. <3

AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said...

lilly allen is a true artist when it comes to song writing and it was a great realizations of the lyrics you placed below:) they are soo true. the world today is so caught up with popularity and follwed by entertainment they see and it just makes this world complicated. thanks for sharing "the fear", ghera! i have it in my ipod to listen to!:D

Clarence said...

Gosh. I don't know that song but reading the lyrics, it really made me interested to hear the song :)

Kim said...

oh..no! this post just proves that I am no longer updated in songs.. :(

BearBunny said...

Her songs are really great and have a sensible message. Yea i agree that the world has change now. People are getting more selfish and sometimes, we dont know whats happening in our life. i just hope everyone still know how to cooperate and be kind to each other.

jean said...

di ko pa naririnig ung kanta ah pero almost nakakrelate tayo sa mga lyrics anuh, tsk. galaing naamn nun hehe

Lollii-Pii said...

The musical lyrics is right and the singer is, too, no doubt. I agree with what the first four lines wanted to expose. Needless to say, it's true. Everyone wanted to get rich.. who would want to stay in a lowly dark alley with guinea pigs on your side pooping on your pants all day long? However, in my own opinion, with or without those sumptuous matters, anyone can still wear a smile on their face. It isn't money that we badly need.. it's GOD.

Chiui said...

Gosh. Those lyrics are so cool. It makes you think about how weird the world is today. :S

MsCandyBlush said...

Wow ah, I never heard of this song pa, prang gusto ko tuloi marinig hehehehe

jaimee said...

i know this song... this was my Music Bg in Fs last april.. hehe..

I am soo lovin this post of yours..
and i agree in every word you have written...

it's not about the melody, or the artist.. it's about the message behind every statement... This is not just a song.. this is a song with a message. :)

Wawa said...

i like lily allen too :) she's a friend of katy perry too xP