Saturday, February 14, 2009

FAB FEB

Here's a short list of my past days activities so far:

February 3 = Tried to attend a Job Fair for the first time @ Mandaluyong Gymnasium. Good thing I'm an early bird & arrived @ 8 am where job hunters were like overflowing. Days before that, I was tied up with thought of making moves like trying my luck for opportunities of finding a job or maybe at least an agency that I'm perfectly qualified. I actually applied as a Hemodialysis Nurse in KSA. Sounds scary but I'm prepared for any challenges considering whatever negative connotations it has. But until now, I haven't received any call .

February 4 = POEA day. Since I don't have idea on the process or whatsoever, I just dropped by in POEA, got the list of recruitment agencies, and read Job hiring posted there. Then I decided to go and try my luck in an agency once called me . It was located near Mendiola. After a few minutes of locating the place where it's situated, I finally found it. Sad to say, I'm not qualified . Aside from the fact that I don't have 2 years experience, they required 22 years of age! Gosh, I'm a year younger. Contradicting to the information tackled to me by the one who called me weeks ago and convinced me to apply.. she actually told me that they don't required experienced nurses. . how idiot..grr

February 12 = A day when James & I chatted c/o ym . We basically bursted our rants about being a bum, jobless, and anything out of boredom. He actually telling stories on his application as a call center agent. He sounds desperate as I am. So we planned to apply in Makati, yes as a CSR. For me, it's not really serious maybe just for fun and I just want something to do!! I'm so overbored!! Aside from that, I went in St. Jude, have my nail polish done, and printed my edited resume.

February 13 = Job Hunting Day. Whew, it was fun although I didn't make it due to nervousness..! haha. I keep on laughing about it everytime I reminisce. Well, i just thought that I'm maybe a lucky charm for james 'coz after applying to few companies, he finally made it! He was hired as a CSR, actually it was only three of them passed or rather hired and he actually belongs to the condsiderated ones. I'm happy for him . Pity me but I have no regrets coz it's not really what my heart's desire. We both had our lunch @ Jollibee and accidentally met Raf and Tina, our batchmates. There we had our chitchats.

February 14 = Valentines Day with Stephanie Angel. She's my "kinakapatid" whom I babysat yesterday during her Field Trip in Cavite. Actually I'm her tutor after class. The day was fun including the adorable kids, the place called camp trexo [whoa! I'm not sure of the name], the games for the kids, and the must try stunts for oldies / parents/ guardians. At last, I tried rappelling !!!! I'm so amazed! It was breath taking! ahaha! I'm sorry guys, but it's my first time. It's like I'm flying in the wind, and I feel FREE ! Never felt this good. So sad coz I don't have any snapshot ! Going back, I have to say that the only distressing part there was the traveling hours. I think we spent much more time traveling than the fun games the children went through. Because it's a Valentines Day , no wonder how bumper the traffic was. Especially the romantic place of tagaytay where many lovebirds tend to date. Approximately, we spent 3 hours in traffic before we finally passed through tagaytay. And the most hilarious thing happened was that when I realized that I got my period! Grr! It was so stressful!! Good thing there's no super leak! Excuse me for that additional info that's so gross !! haha.LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that was a long post you have there ahahaha busy rin pala u like me ahahahaa anyway even though your busy you are having fun on job hunting good luck with :D

Anonymous said...

ganyan din ako nung nagjajobhunt ako. as in parang awang awa ka na sa sarili mo. basta tyaga lang.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your job hunting activities girl!!

Anonymous said...

this blog is so awesome!!!
i've never seen this before!!!
gorgeous!!!

AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said...

hi ghera! wow your days were quite filled up with job hunting ah..hehe=) seems busy, but at least your done with college! same as my boyfriend he went job hunting too, but luckily got a job na..hope it lasts! hehe=P

good luck with everything, ghera! best wishes!!