Thursday, November 5, 2009

VOLUNTEER-ism

Look at me now, I'm blogging! It's kinda awful to just put this blog into trash for ages but definitely I'll be updating this as much as I can. I will not promise anything just to be sure, you can actually find my day-to-day updates on my Image and video hosting by TinyPic. So, what kept me up for months? I've doing volunteer stuffs for the whole month of September then eventually deteriorated in the 1st half on October. I quit for some reasons..

Here's a peek of my workplace:


I was sort of haggard here. Taken inside the Recovery Room in OR.


Front of NICU where i stayed for a month.


Stairway going to the OR


I'm w/ rachelle inside the wash room!


Noemi.Ghe.Mam Nanette.Mam Jane. NICU family. Blurry though.

Volunteer-ism {that's the way I called it} made me feel the profession that I'm into w/ is being a Nurse. Though our tasks are just to assist the staff nurses, I felt like a real one since I'm wearing those scrubs w/c was my dream back in college. Yeah, I'm so "mababaw" or should I say weird. Ever since, I made myself believe that once I wore that scrub suits once I've been a certified Registered Nurse, was a big achievement ever! Regardless of the fact that there's no compensation from wearing that even a single penny. But as I reflect as the day goes by while working in hours, sometimes overtime, I realized that I'm not getting what I deserves. I'm not talking about money but I will not fool myself if it's not included. What's my concern is the only thing that made me woke myself early in the morning just to head myself off to the hospital were the enthusiast to learn and be hands-on. There's certain things that we are allowed to do inside the hospital. Knowing that the hospital is a private hospital, there's no question why they do not allow volunteers to take charge w/ some of nurse's duty. That's the main factor w/c made me lazier to go there and serve them whoever they are. Another factor absolutely is the fact that I'm too ambitious. I want to get rid of life here in Ph though I'm loving it in here but we must be more practical. I will never get RICH here for God's sake. I have numerous dreams yet to achieve. The reason why I made a decision to stoop down w/ my pride and EGO. Because I think EGO cannot make me a multi-billionaire! LOL. However choosing this path will absolutely not fulfill my essence as a person. That thought is I know not helpful so I'm taking it aside and be POSITIVE. It's not yet the right time to elaborate much about my plan coz it might flew away. Please pray for me coz that's what I needed the most.

3 comments:

rich said...

Yay! You volunteered? ^^ That's nice! Maganda din experience yung nagvovolunteer. ^^

Waaa! Dami lumilipat sa Tumblr. Much better kasi than blogger eh.

Mariel said...

Hi sis! You were right, the fonts are ok. My browser, Google Chrome, is the one having problems.

Looks like you had a lot of realizations while you're in volunteer work. I envy you. I'm a nurse too but I don't think I can do that. Anyway, don't worry, I'll pray for us nurses. :D

scribbler said...

~ The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others. ~ by Ghandi